Sample resume for a midlevel administrative assistant
Review this sample for a midlevel administrative assistant to see how you can emphasize your office skills and proven success in administrative roles.
Do you excel at making other people's work lives run smoothly, but need help smoothing out your own resume? To be a successful candidate for admin jobs, resume expert Kim Isaacs says it helps to have a comprehensive resume.
See how you can emphasize your office skills and proven success in administrative roles by reviewing this sample resume for a midlevel administrative assistant that Isaacs created below. You can also download the midlevel administrative assistant resume template in Word.
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), you'll find the highest level of employment for admins in the following states: California, New York, Texas, Florida, and Pennsylvania; and in the following metropolitan areas: New York City, Los Angeles, Houston, Chicago, and Washington D.C.
The median wage for an administrative assistant is $16.21 per hour, according to Monster data.
Midlevel Administrative Assistant resume template
Sometown, OR 97201
Email: email@example.com | LinkedIn URL
Provide top-notch support to VPs, directors and managers
- Administrative: Adeptly handle administrative matters including screening calls, managing calendars, planning meetings, making travel arrangements, composing documents and organizing offices for efficiency.
- Communications: Interact professionally with all levels of staff and maintain the highest level of confidentiality; known for tact and diplomacy in handling sensitive issues.
- Computers: Expert user of Microsoft Office; quickly learn and master new technology.
- Microsoft Programs: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook, SharePoint, Azure
- Accounting & CRM: QuickBooks, Sage 50 Pro Accounting, Oracle PeopleSoft CRM
- Operating Systems: Unix, Linux, Windows, Mac OS X, iOS, Android
ABC COMPANY — Sometown, OR
Administrative Assistant, 2014 to Present
Provide administrative support to the investment banking group VP and five of her department directors. Answer telephones and promptly and courteously assist clients and employees throughout the organization. Maintain calendars, coordinating extensive appointments, meetings and domestic/international travel.
- Office Management: Overhauled recordkeeping system from manual to computer-based, creating a user-friendly and systematic information management system and reducing data-retrieval time.
- Travel Logistics Management: Coordinate a busy travel calendar that includes six international symposiums annually, ensuring all events are successfully executed.
- Customer Relationship Management: Tapped into the power of PeopleSoft CRM Analytics to track the effectiveness of leads, marketing initiatives and revenues. Generated reports that assisted upper management with decision making and were distributed to 200+ employees departmentwide.
TEMPORARY AGENCY ASSIGNMENTS —Sometown, OR
Administrative Assistant, 2011 to 2014
Assigned by DEF Temporary Agency and GHI Temporary Agency to serve in administrative support roles for clients in investor relations, high tech, healthcare and real estate sectors.
- Hit the Ground Running: Learned organizational processes, policies and procedures with minimal ramp-up time. Successfully completed administrative assignments for ABC Co., JKL Co., MNO Co. and PQR Co.
- Service Focus: Adapted to diverse work styles and consistently provided friendly, personable service.
- Excellent Performance: Offered full-time position at the conclusion of temporary assignment at ABC Co.
ABC TRAINING ACADEMY — Sometown, OR
Certificate in Office Management, 2011
Completed 45-credit certificate program. Focused on business data processing, software applications, basic accounting, business communications and business law.
Do this before applying to jobs
As an administrative assistant, you're accustomed to people relying on you to handle all the details that they might overlook. Could you use similar help with your resume? Get a free resume evaluation today from the experts at Monster's Resume Writing Service. You'll get detailed feedback in two business days, including a review of your resume's appearance and content, and a prediction of a recruiter's first impression. It's a quick and easy way to strengthen your resume's weak spots so you can have an awesome job search.