Sample resume for a database administrator
View this sample resume for a database administrator, or download the database administrator resume template in Word.
To compete for a job in today's fast-paced tech world, it helps to have a comprehensive resume. For inspiration, view the sample resume below and download the database administrator resume template in Word. And if you need more help, get a free resume evaluation today from the experts at Monster's partner TopResume.
Additionally, you can learn more about IT careers on Monster.
Database Administrator Resume Sample
Sometown, NY 10000 | H: 718-555-5555 | C: 917-555-5555 | email@example.com | LinkedIn URL
Database administrator (DBA) with extensive experience designing, coding, testing and supporting next-generation database solutions in Oracle enterprise and SQL Server environments. Proficient in an assortment of technologies, including Oracle 12c, DB2, Access, Sybase, MS SQL Server 2016, JDBC, Visio, Apache HTTP Server, Java, C++, XML, Windows, Linux and Unix. DBA skills include:
ABC COMPANY, Sometown, NY | 5/2010 to Present
Manage Oracle database administration assignments for diverse industry clients. Enhance database performance, perform restores, implement recovery procedures, handle performance tuning and conduct regular system backups. Ensure technical and functional designs meet business requirements.
- Served as DBA or project lead in the completion of 80+ medium- to large-scale implementations, managing projects from business requirements analysis to solutions delivery and support.
- Managed a $1.2 million data-integration project for financial services firm that consolidated information from accounting applications, third-party market data and internal equities/fixed income applications.
- Contributed to furniture retailer’s 15% revenue growth in 2016 by standardizing content from disparate databases, enabling sales and support staff to quickly respond to customer requests.
- Created Web-enabled, group-scheduling system for a large university, allowing students to view and print schedules for current and future semesters. Delivered solution on time, on spec and on budget.
- Innovated time-saving, robust employee data-intake system that automated database update functions, enabling new salary and process-exception information to be automatically populated.
- Developed and tested storage strategies and disaster-recovery plan for large manufacturing company’s operational database, delivering solution that guaranteed recovery performance and high availability.
- Enhanced users’ understanding of database systems by conducting pre-implementation workshops, delivering group and individual training sessions and creating user-friendly training materials.
DEF COMPANY, Sometown, NY | 1/2010 to 5/2010
Selected for competitive internship with leading consulting firm. Developed functions, scripts and reports that were instrumental to the success of high-priority development projects.
- Developed 25 custom financial and auditing reports using SAP Crystal Reports with T-SQL, JDE Report Design Aid, MS Excel and Access.
Education & Training
ABC UNIVERSITY, Sometown, NY | 5/2010
Bachelor of Science, Major in Computer Science
DBA Workshops: Oracle Database 12c Administration, Advanced Oracle DBA, Intro to Oracle