Sample Resume for an Entry-Level CPA
One of the bests way to break into the finance industry as a new certified public accountant is with a great resume. View the sample resume below, and download the entry-level CPA resume template in Word. And if you need more help, get a free resume evaluation today from the experts at Monster's partner TopResume.
Entry-Level CPA Resume Sample
JESSICA BLAKE, CPA
Somewhere, MD 20814 | Phone: 301-555-5555 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org | LinkedIn URL
Career Goal: Accounting Manager | Sr. Accountant | Financial Analyst
Dedicated CPA with experience developing and implementing financial systems, strategies, processes and controls that significantly improve P&L scenarios. Expert at establishing accounting functions, systems and best practices; cost-reduction, automation and tax strategies; and lasting business relationships to ensure goal-surpassing fiscal performance. Computer skills include proficiency in Excel, Sage 50c, QuickBooks and MS Office.
Certified Public Accountant, State of Maryland
ABC UNIVERSITY — Sometown, MD
Master of Science in Accounting and Financial Management, in progress
Bachelor of Science in Accounting, with honors
- Volunteerism: Hunger Clean Up (planning team) ... National Alliance to End Homelessness (fundraising drive volunteer) ... American Red Cross (blood bank volunteer) ... Serve Maryland (Volunteer)
DEF COMPANY — Bethesda, MD | 9/2015 to Present
Accountant, 1/2016 to Present
Junior Accountant, 9/2015 to 1/2016
Promoted to manage accounting functions for a growing telecommunications company. Supervise three junior accountants and oversee financial analysis, financial audits, G/L, A/R, A/P and fixed-asset accounting in accordance with GAAP standards. Develop and manage external financial relationships (e.g., banks, insurers, auditors) and constantly look for ways to strengthen overall financial performance. Key results:
- Built a finely tuned accounting department, fostering a collaborative environment that improved productivity, individual accountability and team morale.
- Revamped G/L, financial systems, reports and schedules to improve forecast precision and standardize reporting procedures.
- Negotiated below-market lease on prime office space that included $100K in facility improvements embedded into agreement.
- Completed comprehensive valuation analysis and credit review of acquisition target, and played a key role in completing financial due diligence that was crucial to successful merger.
- Uncovered $125K in accounting overpayments during a 6-month period and delivered a 20% expense reduction through analytical studies of business performance.
GHI COMPANY — Silver Spring, MD | 1/2015 to 9/2015
- Delivered 6-figure cost savings by initiating expense analysis of equipment lease alternatives, leading to acted-upon leasing recommendations.
- Introduced business process improvements that enhanced A/P functions, established common vendor files, eliminated duplication and reduced monthly processing time by 20%.