Sample resume for a receptionist
Looking to man the front desk? Make sure your resume puts your best skills forward.
Does your resume answer the call when it comes to conveying your skills for the best receptionist jobs? To be a successful candidate for receptionist jobs, resume expert Kim Isaacs says it helps to have a comprehensive resume. View the receptionist resume sample she created below, and download the receptionist resume template in Word. And if you need more help, get a free resume evaluation today from the experts at Monster's partner TopResume.
Additionally, you can learn more about administrative careers on Monster.
Receptionist Resume Sample
Sometown, IA 57000
(555) 555-5555 | email@example.com | LinkedIn URL
Diligent, Reliable and Friendly Receptionist
Customer Service Expert | MS Office "Power User" | Professional At All Times | Positive Attitude
OFFICE AND COMPUTER SKILLS
XYZ CORPORATION, Sometown, IA
Excel at handling a variety of customer service and administrative tasks and resolve customer issues with expediency.
- Demonstrated proficiencies in telephone and front-desk reception within a high-volume environment. Calmed upset/angry customers, researched and rapidly solved problems and rebuilt client trust to prevent the loss of key accounts.
- Led "cleanup" of company database and files. Restored organization to personnel, financial and operational records and accelerated data input, processing and retrieval times.
- Consistently praised by management for the quality and timeliness of reports, attention to detail, exemplary customer service delivery and team-player attitude.
ABC college, Sometown, IA
Served as first point of contact for students, faculty and staff calling or visiting the main office.
- Operated campus switchboard and provided prompt, courteous and knowledgeable assistance.
- Transformed previously manual processes relating to vendor/supplier records into an efficient, computerized system.
- Exposed overcharges and double billing to recover $5,000 in erroneous payments and prevent their recurrence.
AS in Business
- "Avery is a first-rate administrative support professional...excels in organizing our busy office… ensures all of our customers' needs are taken care of…truly an exceptional employee..." -- Excerpts from 2010 Performance Review
Like what you’ve read? Join Monster to get personalized articles and job recommendations—and to help recruiters find you.