Sample resume for a restaurant manager
Does your restaurant and hospitality resume serve up a full menu of your skills and accomplishments in food service? View the sample resume below, and download the restaurant manager resume template in Word. And if you need more help, get a free resume evaluation today from the experts at Monster's partner TopResume.
Additionally, you can learn more about food service careers on Monster.
Restaurant Manager resume template
Antonia E. Olivier
224 Fortunate Circle
Salinas, California 93901
Sunnyvale, California 94085
Home: 861.555.2141 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Service-focused and cost-conscious with strong expertise in front- and back-of-house operations to establish a welcoming, energetic dining atmosphere
Solid history of success building high-energy service and culinary teams to ensure optimum guest experience. Excel at increasing check averages through strategic up-selling of food and alcohol. Adept in all facets of operations to include food quality and presentation, safety and sanitation compliance, budget administration, and inventory management. Cultivate rapport with vendors, corporate management, and community organizations to improve brand image and maximize revenues. Outstanding interpersonal talents; fluent in English and Spanish.Core competencies include
- Outstanding Guest Experience
- Innovative Menu Planning
- Cost Reduction / Waste Management
- Vendor Management & Negotiation
- Motivational Team Leadership
- Kitchen, Bar, & Dining Room Operations
- Integrated Inventory Control
- Promotions & Up-selling
- Budgeting / Profit & Loss Management
- Safety & Sanitation Compliance
Humble Cove Bar & Grill, Monterey, California
Advanced to oversee front- and back-of-house operations with accountability for bottom-line factors, food quality, and customer retention for family restaurant with 45 employees.
General Manager, 7/2013 – Present
Assistant General Manager, 3/2010 – 7/2013
Hire, train, supervise, and schedule kitchen and service staff. Manage purchasing and inventory control to ensure sufficient levels of high-quality product while eliminating waste. Coordinate with Executive Chef to plan special menu items. Monitor compliance with safety, sanitation, and food preparation standards. Develop and revise kitchen procedures to optimize workflow. Compile, analyze, and interpret financial data to develop accurate projections and ensure profitability.Key accomplishments
- Spearheaded rebranding of restaurant image to effect reversal of 5 year down turn; devised new restaurant theme, triggering 55% increase in sales and excellent reviews.
- Initiated aggressive customer service training program that resulted in secret shop scores of 90% or higher.
- Collaborated with culinary team to create attractive and appetizing signature presentations as central component of menu and theme, substantially increasing repeat business.
- Forged exceptional relationships with local vendors, securing timely delivery of top-quality inventory while reducing food costs by 5%.
The Fires of Olympus, Aspen, Colorado
Directed back-of -house operations, providing leadership and ongoing training to kitchen and bar staff for independently owned Greek-themed franchise with 30+ employees.
Assistant General Manager, 4/2006 – 2/2010
Held full accountability for kitchen, bar, and service teams, coordinating with junior managers to schedule staff and align operations with business and regulatory requirements. Conducted evaluations, coached staff, and guided recruitment and training. Maintained consistent inventory with minimal waste, overseeing purchasing to ensure full menu availability. Collaborated with General Manager to implement corporate business strategies and menu concepts; trained kitchen staff on new menu items.Key accomplishments
- Reduced food costs by 7%, identifying and eliminating inventory issues including excess ordering, rising shrinkage, and poor storage.
- Partnered with General Manager and corporate representatives to plan and execute kitchen renovation, introducing new, modern equipment that increased efficiency by 28%.
Either Oar, Whitewater, Colorado
Earned merit-based promotions from entry-level roles to ultimately manage kitchen operations for family diner specializing in causal fare built around whitewater rafting theme.
Kitchen Manager, 5/2004 – 3/2006
Prep Cook / Server, 2/2001 – 5/2004
Oversaw food / beverage preparation and inventory management. Hired, trained, and supervised all kitchen staff, including chefs, prep cooks, and dishwashers. Established and maintained contact with vendors. Monitored compliance with safety and sanitation standards.
- Spearheaded implementation of inventory management software, saving 15% in food costs by reducing total stock on hand while eliminating key supply shortages.
Education & Credentials
Bachelor of Science in Restaurant& Resort Management (2008)
Bachelor of Science in Nutrition and Food Science (2004)
Colorado State University, Fort Collins, Colorado
Foodservice Management Professional (FMP) (2013)
Kitchen Design Sustainability | Restaurant HVAC Systems
ServSafe Training | ServSafe Alcohol Training
Restaurant Facility Management Association (RFMA)
National Bar & Restaurant Management Association (NBRMA)