Sample resume for a carpenter
Are you looking to build the perfect resume to boost your job search? Our sample resume for a carpenter could be just the blueprint you need.
Are you looking to build the perfect resume to help you nail down some great carpenter jobs? You've come to the right place. Constructing an impressive resume takes effort, especially if you want to stand apart from the competition, so our sample resume for a carpenter could be just the blueprint you need. View the sample resume for a carpenter below and download the carpenter resume sample in Word.
Jobs for carpenters are projected to grow by 8% (or 83,800 jobs) from 2016 through 2026, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS). You'll find the highest level of employment for this job in the following states: California, New York, Florida, Texas, and Pennsylvania; and in the following metropolitan areas: New York City; Los Angeles; Chicago; Riverside, CA; and Seattle.
As a carpenter, you can expect to earn a median wage of $45,170 per year, or $21.71 per hour, according to the BLS.
Carpenter resume template
1863 Hoyt Street
Madison, Wisconsin 53726
email@example.com | 608.555.0573
- Experienced and versatile in carpentry and woodworking with background in residential, commercial, and municipal construction and remodeling to include framing, trim, windows, doors, and siding.
- In-depth knowledge of construction process from material selection, techniques, tools and equipment to quality assurance, cost control, and safety.
- Accurately read blueprints, project plans, and specifications; determine material needs, estimate costs, and prioritize tasks to minimize production delays.
- Proven expertise in project / team supervision; excel at communicating with clients, architects, and subcontractors to deliver results within budget and stated requirements.
- Comfortably negotiate multistory heights and able to lift more than 75 pounds.
- Possess full range of quality tools, reliable late-model truck, and excellent driving and attendance record.
Seth Reynolds Construction, Madison, Wisconsin
Lead Carpenter, 2010 – Present
Supervise four-member team engaged in build of local high school; led or participated in all construction phases. Interface with inspectors, project managers, subcontractors, and crews. Ensure work completed met internal standards and regulatory requirements. Determine material needs and order products from suppliers. Schedule and train crew members.
- Identified and resolved potential cost-overrun issue; maintained project schedule despite unexpected subcontractor delays.
- Proactively coordinated with suppliers to ensure material costs remained within budget.
C. Dagenais LLC, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Journeyman Carpenter, 2006 – 2010
Contributed to successful completion of commercial and county construction projects. Interpreted blueprints and assessed job requirements. Ordered and scheduled delivery of materials, and communicated with clients and project managers to prioritize workflow. Operated broad range of power tools such as table saws, radial arm saws, circular saws, planers, jointers, and drills. Built block outs, forms, machine pads, panels, parapets, and safety rails for stairs and windows. Signed off on completed work and closed out projects.
- Demonstrated initiative by taking lead on critical projects; framed two school buildings and extensive restaurant remodel.
Walker Brothers, Inc., Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Carpenter Apprentice, 2003 – 2006
Gained exposure and valuable experience in construction-industry standards and processes through hands-on participation in numerous residential builds. Worked closely with project managers and crew to achieve objectives. Performed and assisted with framing, roof and stair building, and various rough carpentry tasks. Coordinated with Journeymen on completing estimations and collaborated on designs, ensuring projects met National Building Code standards.
- Quickly earned reputation for superior quality and attention to detail.
Get your resume reviewed
A strong resume can act as a foundation for your job search, but it won't do much good if it's flimsily constructed. Not sure your resume will pass inspection? Get a free resume evaluation today from the experts at Monster's Resume Writing Service. You'll get detailed feedback in two business days, including a review of your resume's appearance and content, and a prediction of a recruiter's first impression. It's a quick and easy way to ensure you're putting your most professional foot forward.