Sample Resume for an Auto Mechanic
Does your resume need a 1,000-mile checkup? Give it a tune-up using our sample resume for an automotive mechanic below as your guide, and download the sample resume for an auto mechanic in Word. And if you need more help, get a free resume evaluation today from the experts at Monster's partner TopResume.
284 Main Street ▪ Topeka, Kansas 66621
email@example.com ▪ 785.555.4893 ▪ 785.555.1649
Automotive Technician / Mechanic
- Highly skilled and dependable with hands-on experience and excellent training to perform service, diagnostics, and repairs on domestic and imported automobiles and trucks.
- Contribute to repeat and referral business through strong problem-solving skills and commitment to top-quality workmanship and excellent customer service.
- Expertise interpreting technical specifications; provide leadership to other mechanics to increase repair accuracy, minimize lost time, and ensure safety compliance.
- Participate in continuous training and professional development activities to maintain current knowledge of rapidly advancing automotive technologies.
Education & Certifications
Associate of Applied Science (AAS) – Automotive Technology, Mechanical (2005)
Metropolitan Community College, Kansas City, Missouri
Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) – A1, A4, A5, A6, A7
Standley Automotive – Topeka, Kansas
Lead Technician - 12/2013 to Present
Supervise four full-time mechanics and two apprentices in troubleshooting, diagnosing, and repairing a wide variety of vehicle makes and models. Manage day-to-day schedule and operations of repair shop, maintaining strong focus on quality workmanship and customer service. Evaluate accuracy of diagnoses and approve recommended repairs. Complete records, warranty documentation, and ensure proper maintenance of tools and equipment. Meet face-to-face with customers to provide estimates and explain repairs.
- Integral in establishing service and repair shop grounded on high-quality workmanship by providing strong leadership and motivation to junior mechanics and apprentices.
- Led service and repair shop in achieving two nationally recognized Service Excellence awards for quality of work and commitment to customer service.
Mr. Jack’s Import Repair – Topeka, Kansas
Automotive Technician - 10/2010 to 11/2013
Conducted automotive inspections, diagnostics, and repairs on European imports to include engines, transmissions, differentials, brakes, clutches, starters, axles, steering gears, carburetors, fuel systems, cooling systems, and other mechanical and electrical systems. Maintained accurate hours and repair records.
- Built solid reputation as highly skilled and quality-driven mechanic; entrusted with increased responsibility, often supervising other mechanics.
- Recognized by management for expertise and routinely called upon for recommendations; provided valuable guidance that led to avoidance of lost time and damaged parts.
Sam’s Truck and Auto – Topeka, Kansas
Mechanic - 3/2007 to 10/2010
Specialized in repair of automatic and manual transmissions as well as repair, realignment, and replacement of brake systems. Assisted lead mechanics with diagnosis and repair of all units and systems.
- Maintained constant dedication to quality, maximized accuracy, and ensured jobs were completed correctly the first time.
- Displayed solid commitment and loyalty to the company, often working overtime as needed.
MetroAuto – Kansas City, Missouri
Automotive Mechanic Trainee - 2/2005 to 2/2007
Worked under direction of master mechanic, rotating through diagnosis and repair of automotive systems and units. Conducted routine service and preventative maintenance.
- Demonstrated talent for quickly and accurately diagnosing mechanical failures and determining corrective actions.
- Advanced through program faster than other trainees by maintaining commitment to continually increasing knowledge and skills.