Sample resume for high school graduates
To be the successful job candidate in any field, it helps to have a comprehensive resume. View and download the high school grad/veterinary assistant resume template in Word. And if you need more help, get a free resume evaluation today from the experts at Monster's partner TopResume.
Additionally, you can learn more about animal services careers on Monster.
High School Grad/Veterinary Assistant resume template
Sometown, AZ 85701 | 555-555-5555 | firstname.lastname@example.org | LinkedIn URL
Veterinary assistant whose qualifications include a high school diploma (earned with honors) and a passion for the health, well-being and safety of animals. Developed animal care skills through:
- Dedicated service as an SPCA animal shelter volunteer;
- Active member and officer in 4-H;
- Experience as a horse owner and competitive barrel racer; and
- Experience as a household pet owner (dogs, cats, rabbits, hamsters, macaw).
Sometown high school — Sometown, AZ
Diploma, 2016 (GPA: 3.8)
Honors: National Honor Society Sanford A. Greeley Scholarship
SOCIETY for the PREVENTION of CRUELTY to ANIMALS — Sometown, AZ
Animal Ambassador II, 1/16 to Present
Animal Ambassador I, 10/14 to 12/15
- Advanced to level II animal ambassador at Sometown SPCA Animal Shelter after completing intensiveAnimal Handling training program.
- Demonstrated dedication to the SPCA by volunteering for an average of 16 hours monthly. Assist in training, socializing and feeding animals awaiting adoption as well as handling basic shelter upkeep tasks.
- Qualified for Veterinary Medical Assistanttraining program, set to begin this spring.
Activities & Awards
- Member / Vice President 4-H (Sometown Chapter), 2015 to Present
- County Winner (Second Place) 4-H Public Speaking Contest, 2016
- State 4-H Finalist Level I Equestrian (Western), 2015
- Top 3 Finalist Multiple youth-division barrel races, 2013 to 2016
“…Amy has been a dedicated SPCA volunteer…her love of animals is evident in the caring treatment she has consistently provided. She has a gentle, calming manner that animals respond to…”
¾ Marcy Elias, Director, Sometown SPCA Shelter
“…Amy is a hard worker and a fast learner…I seldom have to show her something more than once before she has mastered it…She interacts very well with shelter staff, fellow volunteers and the general public…I have no doubt that Amy will make a fine veterinary assistant…she has my highest recommendation.”
¾ Bill Short, Vet Assistant, Sometown SPCA Shelter