Sample Resume for a Restaurant Server
Your resume can be your meal ticket to a great new restaurant server job. Check out this sample resume below to see how you can serve up your own skills to potential employers, then download the sample resume for a restaurant server in Word. And if you need more help, get a free resume evaluation today from the experts at Monster's partner TopResume.
1415 16th St. NW | Colorado Springs, Colorado 80910
719.555.8432 (H) | 719.555.9564 (C) | firstname.lastname@example.org
Highly organized and personable Server with experience providing exceptional customer service in establishments ranging from casual cafés to fine-dining restaurants.
- Dedicated to ensuring customer satisfaction by remaining accessible and friendly.
- Exceptional interpersonal and team building skills with an aptitude for building rapport with a diverse range of customers, managers, and colleagues; talent for quickly resolving issues prior to escalation.
- Thorough knowledge of menu offerings, including gourmet food, spirits, and wine pairings.
- Skilled at anticipating, identifying and fulfilling guest needs and clarifying special orders.
- Success multitasking while remaining professional and courteous in fast-paced environments.
Education and Credentials
University of Colorado – Boulder, Colorado
Associate of Arts in Liberal Arts, 2015
Colorado State Food and Beverage Service Worker’s Permit (current)
Class 13 Server’s Permit (current) · Colorado State Liquor Control Board
1st Bakery and Coffee – Colorado Springs, Colorado - 2/2014 to Present
Assist guests in order selection by promoting specific menu items and specials. Respond to inquiries regarding meal preparation and service. Up-sell appetizers, specialty beverages, and desserts to increase guest check averages. Coordinate with kitchen staff to ensure timely and accurate order preparation. Regularly follow-up with guest tables and promptly fulfill additional requests. Collect payments and balance transactions with receipts.
- Consistently achieved the highest guest check averages among all full-time servers through suggestive selling and dessert-to-go orders.
- Informally recognized as Lead Server with responsibility for overseeing opening / closing and coaching and mentoring new servers regarding menu items, company policies and procedures.
- Frequently assisted colleagues during rush periods to foster / promote teamwork while providing exceptional service and guest dining experience.
Hunee Vineyard – Telluride, Colorado - 6/2010 to 2/2014
Assisted customers in order selection, recommended specific menu items, and ensured prompt, accurate service. Ensured high guest check averages by suggesting and selling additional food and beverage items. Continually visited guest tables to promote inviting and attentive service. Provided direct assistance to bartender and lounge staff. Conducted inventory tracking and restocked supplies.
- Significantly increased guest check averages by promoting appetizers, specialty items, and wine selections.
- Won Dessert Sales Contest that produced a 12% increase in total monthly sales.
- Collaborated in creating attractive front-of-house displays to market new products.