Sample Resume for a Sous Chef
How well does your resume sell you for the best chef jobs? Check out our resume sample for a sous chef below to see if your resume could use a few more ingredients to stand out, then download the sample resume for a sous chef in Word. And if you need more help, get a free resume evaluation today from the experts at Monster's partner TopResume.
Additionally, you can learn more about food service careers on Monster on Monster.
1675 Main Street · Las Vegas, Nevada 89101
email@example.com · 702.555.6185
Exceptionally innovative Sous Chef with more than nine years’ experience in operations for renowned restaurants preparing a wide variety of unique appetizers, soups, entrées, sauces, and desserts. Proficient in numerous cooking techniques and cuisines with talent for working with ingredients from countries around the world, including France, Italy, Japan, Thailand, and Spain. Proven leadership skills with a track record of training, developing, and fostering strong teams focused on quality, presentation, cost containment, and safety.
Proven expertise in:
- Farm-to-Table Concepts
- Creative Menu Development
- Specialty Cuisine and Presentation
- World Class Guest Relations
- Purchasing and Inventory Control
- Special Event Planning
- Cost Containment and Reduction
- Food and Kitchen Safety
- Staff Leadership and Training
- Beer, Wine, & Cocktail Pairing
Education and Certification
Culinary Arts Diploma (1999)
The International Culinary School at The Art Institute of California - Los Angeles
Los Angeles, California
Food Safety Certificate (current)
Leda’s Palace – Las Vegas,
Nevada - 4/2012 to Present
Oversee culinary efforts involving preparation of distinctive cuisine for upscale restaurant with $3.2 million in annual sales.
Manage eight cooks and 15 kitchen staff in preparation of entrées, specialty dishes, and desserts in a high-volume restaurant. Create unique menu items and plate presentations. Standardize innovative production recipes to maintain consistent cuisine and guest satisfaction. Participate in developing and implementing policies and procedures for smooth operations and food safety. Plan monthly staff and production schedules. Monitor equipment maintenance and sanitation of kitchen facilities. Collaborate with Executive Chef on inventory control, employee concerns, and operations.
- Formally commended by Executive Chef for significantly improving unique menu selections and presentations.
- Played integral role in saving more than $4,000 per month by accurately monitoring and reporting food / labor costs and waste.
- Streamlined kitchen operations by creating more accurate prep sheets, standardized recipe files, and product-rotation systems.
- Enhanced employee retention and morale by tactfully promoting team environment, emphasizing guest relations, and instituting a positive means of dealing with stress in a high-volume operation.
Botticelli on the Half Shell, Santé Fe,
New Mexico - 8/2008 to 4/2012
Provided high-level support to Executive Chef with responsibility for preparing authentic Florentine cuisine.
Oversaw daily recipe preparation, food storage, cooking, and presentation. Developed recipes and recommended menu item pricing. Researched and selected ingredients based on seasonal availability and quality. Continuously monitored and controlled food costs. Built and developed 11-member, back-of-house team; provided performance feedback and additional instruction in biannual reviews and one-on-one counseling sessions. Conducted interviewing, hiring, and training functions, ensuring that individual performance met the highest possible culinary standards.
- Received regional recognition for assisting in creation of authentic and traditional Italian dishes.
- Continually received enthusiastic compliments from guests, specifically for newly created entrées.
A Clean, Well-lighted Cafe – Los Angeles,
California - 3/2006 to 8/2008
Played key role in expanding menu for cafe offering fresh daily breads, pastries, and pastas.
Assistant Pastry Chef
As member of patisserie team, created French-style pastries including cakes, tarts, dessert sauces, truffles, and petit fours. Assisted with daily food preparation, storage, cooking, and presentation, ensuring exceptional quality of ingredients and final products.
- Created increasingly complex dishes from breads and cakes to confections and frozen desserts utilizing dry- and moist-heat cooking methods to create unique flavors and textures.
International Association of Culinary Professionals, 2000 to Present
Professional Chefs Associations, 1999 to Present