Barista Resume Sample
It's not a tall order to have a great barista resume.
A barista resume should have all the depth and detail as the drinks you whip up behind the counter, says resume expert Kim Isaacs. You need to emphasize not only your familiarity with coffee varieties and different specialty beverages, but also your excellent customer service skills. To get the hiring managers buzzing about your skillset, use this sample resume for a barista that Isaacs created below, or download the barista resume template in Word.
Looking for states with the most jobs for baristas? According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, they are:
And the top five areas are:
Additionally, you can check out our sample cover letter for a barista and our sample interview questions and answers for baristas. Then, you'll be ready to search for barista jobs on Monster.
Sometown, AZ 85001 * 555.555.5555 * firstname.lastname@example.org
Coffee-obsessed, customer-centered barista with a passion for preparing handcrafted, quality beverages and delivering exceptional service. Comprehensive knowledge of coffee flavor profiles, origins, brews, grinds, and pours. ServSafe certified with a focus on food safety, cleanliness, and sanitation. Friendly and efficient—strive to embody "service with a smile" in all interactions.
XYZ Coffee Shop (Sometown, AZ)
Barista, 7/2016 to Present
Prepare and serve hot and cold coffee, tea, and artisan beverages. Welcome customers, describe menu items, take orders, prepare beverages, and process payments. Clean and sanitize equipment, utensils, and work areas; order supplies; and assist with opening and closing procedures.
- Valued as a "customer magnet," with a knack for cultivating loyal clientele by building rapport and professional relationships with guests.
- Worked with management to create and introduce a keto coffee line (comprised of three coffee drinks following macronutrient requirements of the ketogenic diet), which is now a top seller.
- Leveraged fluency in a range of coffee beans, aromas, origins, and blends to recommend beverages based on customer preferences.
- Developed tea and coffee blends infused with international spices for new packaged line inspired by the flavors of Mexico, Brazil, India, China, Thailand, and Africa.
- Trained apprentice baristas on how to create whimsical latte art plus specialty coffee beverages with flair and expedience.
ABC Restaurant (Sometown, AZ)
Server, 4/2014 to 6/2016
Thrived within busy family restaurant serving an average of 325 covers per day. Handled food and beverages according to health and safety guidelines for quality food-service operations. Awarded "Employee of the Month" two times.
Education & Training
GHI University (Sometown, AZ) * Pursuing a BA in Hospitality Management
Attending classes part-time simultaneous with full-time barista employment. Target Completion: 6/2025
ServSafe Food Handler Certificate (current)
Help Your Barista Resume Generate Buzz
Now that your resume is ready to go, you'll want to have someone take a look to make sure all the pieces are in the right place. Need some assistance? Get a free resume review from Monster and you'll be able to fix any errors before applying to jobs. It's just one of the perks that Monster offers.