Hair stylist resume sample
View this sample resume for a hair stylist, or download the hair stylist resume template in Word.
Is your resume in need of a fresh look? To be a successful candidate for the leading hair stylist jobs, resume expert Kim Isaacs says you need to be a cut above average. For writing tips, view this sample resume for a hair stylist that Isaacs created below, or download the hair stylist resume template in Word. And if you need more help, get a free resume evaluation today from the experts at Monster's partner TopResume.
Additionally, you can search for hair stylist jobs on Monster.
Hair stylist resume template
Sometown, GA 55555 | (555) 555-5555 | firstname.lastname@example.org | Instagram
Licensed Cosmetologist ABCH-Certified Colorist PURE™-Certified Extension Artist
Multicertified hairstylist with a passion for delivering hair artistry and service excellence exceeding client expectations. Blend creativity, vision and skill with strengths in achieving custom cut, color and design solutions meeting client needs and lifestyles. Savvy marketer, proven sales generator and builder of lasting relationships and loyal clientele. Successful working in value-priced franchises as well as luxury salons.
ABC SALON & SPA (Luxury, full-service salon and day spa) Sometown, GA
Hairstylist, 2014 to Present
Consult with clients on hair needs and styling/color options, recommend hair care services/products, deliver a full range of hair services and assist with salon marketing and retail merchandising. Adhere to salon standards for cleanliness and guest service while seeking ways to improve the customer experience and bottom line.
- Demonstrated creative artistry and technical skill in designing and executing a full range of hair services, including cut, color, extensions, perms and other chemical and non-chemical treatments.
- Retained 90% of customer base previously built at XYZ Salon, with over 2/3 of these clients booking add-on services at ABC Salon based on personal recommendations. Drove a 35% sales increase in hair services and a 25% sales increase in nail, facial, cosmetic and massage services within 2 months of hire.
- Ranked #2 month-over-month (second only to salon owner) in highest number of hair services bookings.
- Convinced salon owner to introduce eco-friendly, chemical-free products/processes and ombré coloring services that quickly became top-sellers and contributed to salon’s highest profits in its 10-year history.
- Helped plan and launch special events, creative promotions and social media marketing campaigns that brought in scores of new clients while strengthening relationships with existing customer base.
XYZ SALON (Nationally franchised salon offering a full range of hair services) Sometown, GA
Hairstylist, 2011 to 2014
Delivered quality hair services to men and women with an emphasis on the customer’s total look. Provided a premium guest experience at a value price in keeping with franchise’s business model.
- Built enduring client relationships and a thriving customer base of repeat and referral business.
- Met or exceeded sales and productivity goals throughout tenure, achieving Top 3 ranking (out of 20 stylists) month over month for booked services and add-on product sales.
- Delighted customers by delivering styles algined with their diverse preferences—from edgy, trend-making looks to fresh, updated reinterpretations of classic hairstyles.
Education & Credentials
XYZ COSMETOLOGY & ESTHETICS SCHOOL Sometown, GA
Graduate, Cosmetology Program
Certified Hair Extension Artist