Sample resume for entry-level registered nurses (RN)
To be considered for top nurse jobs, you need to use your clinicals, internships and school classes to build a powerful entry-level resume. View the sample resume for a nurse below and download the entry-level RN resume template in Word.
Jobs for registered nurses are projected to grow by 15% (Or 2,955,200 jobs) from 2016 through 2026, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS). You’ll find the highest level of employment for this job in the following states: California, Texas, New York, Florida, and Pennsylvania; and in the following metropolitan areas: New York City, Los Angeles, Chicago, Houston, and Boston.
As a registered nurse, you can expect to make a median wage of $70,000 per year, or $33.65 per hour, according to the BLS.
Additionally, you can learn about healthcare careers on Monster.
Entry-Level RN Resume Sample
Marcy Jones, BSN, RN
Sometown, PA 19000 | (215) 555-5555 | email@example.com | LinkedIn URL
- Registered Nurse (RN) with specialty experience in psychiatric nursing. Developed strong psychiatric-evaluation and treatment-planning skills through RN role at ABC Department of Corrections. Knowledge of psychotropic medication administration, management and training.
- Reliable, ethical healthcare provider with the ability to stay calm and intervene during crises, facilitate groups and collaborate on multidisciplinary teams. Proven ability to build positive relationships with patients, family members, physicians and other medical professionals.
Registered Nurse, 11/2016 to Present
ABC Department of Corrections, Sometown, PA
Hired as an RN following internship at a hospital within a maximum-security correctional facility housing 3,500 inmates. Assigned to the mental health crisis unit and play a key role on interdisciplinary team of psychiatrists, RNs, social workers and corrections officers.
- Helped refine unit policies and procedures in the areas of suicide-watch procedures, safety methods, discharge planning and documentation.
- Responded to volatile situations and violent outbreaks, earning the respect of team members for levelheaded and quick thinking to restore the safety and security of patients, staff and inmates.
- Completed training in management of assaultive behaviors and psychotropic-medication administration.
Student Nurse | Clinical Rotations
DEF Hospital, Sometown, PA
Worked under the supervision of an RN providing bedside care, treatment and clinical documentation for patients on cardiac, oncology and medical-surgical floors.
- Treated an average of 16 patients daily¾double the average student caseload. Gained experience in procedures such as cryotherapy and trigger-point injections.
- Presented in-service training on ethics concerning elderly atrial fibrillation treatment.
- Earned a reputation for nursing excellence. Supervisor comments: “Marcy’s clinical skills are impressive…she would be an asset to any nursing team.”
Nurse Practicum | 150 hours
GHI Hospital, Psychiatric Unit, Sometown, PA
Completed RN-supervised practicum providing nursing care to patients with both acute and chronic mental health issues.
Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
XYZ College of Nursing, Sometown, PA
Course Highlights: Healthcare Delivery Models, Nursing Health Assessment, Clinical and Chemical Therapeutics, Biophysical Pathology, Psychosocial Pathology, Human Anatomy and Physiology, Statistics, Nursing Research
Registered Nurse, State of Pennsylvania
Get your resume checked out
As a nurse, you're in high demand, but if your resume isn't showing promising vital signs, it'll make your job search harder than it should be. Could you use some help with it? Get a free resume evaluation today from the experts at Monster's Resume Writing Service. You'll get detailed feedback in two business days, including a review of your resume's appearance and content, and a prediction of a recruiter's first impression. Let Monster's experts help you showcase your strengths as a new nurse so you can land a great job quickly.