Sample resume for an entry-level medical lab technician
You analyze specimens in your work. Now it’s time to analyze a resume sample to get ideas for improving your medical lab technician resume.
Just as you analyze specimen samples in your laboratory work, you should analyze resume samples to get ideas for improving your resume, says resume expert Kim Isaacs. To learn how your resume can emphasize procedural lab skills developed in a hospital setting, view this entry-level medical lab technician resume sample that Isaacs created below. You can also download the entry-level medical lab technician resume template in Word. And if you need more help, get a free resume evaluation today from the experts at Monster's partner TopResume.
Additionally, you can learn more about healthcare careers on Monster.
Entry-Level Medical Lab Technician resume template
Tracey Smith, MLT
Sometown, DE 19703 | Home: (555) 555-5555
email@example.com | BeKnown URL | LinkedIn URL
MEDICAL LABORATORY TECHNICIANQuality-focused medical lab tech with excellent clinical skills gained through hands-on experience within one of the largest health services providers in Delaware. Perform all laboratory tests and procedures with expedience, attention to detail and optimum quality.
Procedural SkillsCell Counts; Urinalyses; Body Fluid Analyses; Cytology, Histology, Serology and Hematology Testing; Metabolic & Electrolyte Panels; Liver, Renal and Thyroid Function Testing; Blood Typing; Lipid Profiles; Toxicology Screening; Routine Cultures
ABC Hospital (Delaware’s second-largest healthcare system)Sometown, DE
Medical Laboratory Technician,6/16 to Present
- Assist hospital physicians in the diagnosis and treatment of illnesses, injuries and medical conditions by providing clinical testing and specimen analysis.
- Conduct lab tests in the areas of hematology, coagulation, urinalysis, serology, immunology, bone marrow and FNA collections.
- Prepare chemical solutions, reagents and specimens for microscopic examination; perform laboratory tests; analyze and report findings; and investigate atypical results and discrepancies to determine causation.
- Expedite critical testing results without compromising sample validity or quality assurance.
DEF Medical Center (nonprofit healthcare provider serving the Sometown area)Sometown, DE
Medical Laboratory Technician,9/15 to 6/16
- Performed lab analyses to provide data for diagnosis, treatment and prevention of disease.
- Recommended improvements to supply ordering and inventory management that increased efficiency and lowered costs (saving approximately $5,000 annually).
- Stringently followed lab protocols, sanitation standards and testing procedures.
Education & Certification
GHI College | Sometown, DE
Associate of Science, Medical Laboratory Technician
- Graduated with honors (3.6 GPA) from NAACLS-accredited MLT program
- Course Highlights: Medical Lab Practices, Organic/Biochemistry, Biomedical Science, Principles of Hematology & Hemostasis, Pathogenic Microbiology, Blood Banking, Clinical Chemistry, Clinical Microbiology, Immunohematology, Supervised Clinical Experience
American Society for Clinical Pathology (ASCP), Board of Certification
Medical Laboratory Technician (MLT)