Secretary resume sample
Dot your i's and cross your t's for a perfect resume.
An ideal resume should be able to multitask as well as you do. A resume should neatly organize your skills, describe your experience and highlight your achievements in such a way that a hiring manager sits up and takes notice, says resume expert Kim Isaacs. To be a successful candidate for secretary jobs, view this sample resume for a secretary that Isaacs created below, or download the secretary resume template in Word.
Additionally, you can search for secretary jobs on Monster.
Secretary resume template
Sometown, KS 55555 | 555-555-5555 | email@example.com | LinkedIn URL
Secretary | ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT
- Technically skilled administrative support professional valued for multitasking strengths, organizational abilities and diplomatic handling of confidential
- Advanced command of MS Office along with strong business and financial management skills. Leverage technology to elevate efficiencies, boost productivity, save costs and improve processes.
- Loyal and resourceful professional known for commitment to exceeding employer expectations.
- Office Management
- Bookkeeping, A/R & A/P
- Financial Reporting
- Records Management
- Executive & Administrative Support
- Customer Relations & Communications
- MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Scheduling & Calendar Management
- Meeting & Event Planning
- Spreadsheets & Data Entry
- Payroll Administration
- Project Management
ABC COMPANY (Sometown, KS)
Secretary to CEO and CFO, 5/09 to Present • Receptionist, 6/07 to 5/09
Promoted to serve as “right hand” to senior executives. Oversee office management, customer relations, accounts payable/receivable, payroll, HR benefits, tax filing and special project management.
- Entrusted to manage high-priority projects, including office downsizings, relocations throughout the Midwest and launch of applicant tracking system that accelerated job-fill times by 25%.
- Led vendor sourcing and negotiations to capture $275K in annual cost savings. Negotiated favorable rates and terms for software licenses, office supplies, corporate travel and insurance premiums.
- Managed A/P, A/R, and reconciliation activities; coordinated tax filings; served as point-person and facilitator for valuation and year-end audits; and supported accounting manager in daily, monthly, quarterly and annual reporting.
DEF COMPANY (Sometown, KS)
Secretary, 5/02 to 6/07
Provided administrative support for senior managers that included coordinating calendars; arranging travel; and creating reports, spreadsheets, PowerPoint presentations and board meeting minutes.
- Repeatedly praised for keeping executive offices running smoothly. Handled broad responsibilities; fielded an array of requests from internal/external customers; and thrived within busy environment requiring the ability to prioritize and manage concurrent projects.
- Assisted recruiters and HR managers with human resources functions, including payroll administration, applicant screening, insurance renewals and review of $2M in annual premiums.
XYZ COLLEGE (Sometown, KS)
Bachelor of Science in Business Administration
Kansas Notary Public (current)