Sample resume for a public relations manager
Market yourself as well as you manage your PR campaigns using our sample resume for a public relations manager below as a guide, and download the public relations manager resume template in Word. And if you need more help, get a free resume evaluation today from the experts at Monster's partner TopResume.
Public Relations Manager Resume Sample
Kylee M. Rodriguez
3 Constitution Blvd, Arlington, Virginia 22201
Home: 703.555.9321 | Mobile: 703.555.9133
Public Relations Manager
Accomplished PR professional with 10 years’ expertise developing and executing all aspects of public outreach campaigns to increase media exposure and support strategic marketing initiatives. Proven creative talent with demonstrated strength in producing effective advertising, print, and promotional material. Adept in developing high-performance and dedicated teams to meet challenging corporate objectives. Deep understanding of media relations; accomplished track record of providing live television and radio interviews. Leverage persuasive communication and relationship management talents to achieve consensus across all levels and organizational boundaries.
Highlights of Expertise
- Campaign Development
- Media Relations & Press Kits
- Promotion & Image Designs
- Strategic Messaging
- Speech / Talking Point Writing
- Branding / Integrated Campaigns
- Social Media Campaigns
- Special Event Coordination
- Project Oversight
- Crisis Communications
- Budget Administration
- Team Leadership
Otalp Media Group — Arlington, Virginia
Public Relations Manager (8/2012 to Present)
Tasked with managing department of 6 PR specialists, overseeing community, customer, and investor relations as well as providing on-air and in-person media interviews. Serve as primary media contact directing all publicity, consumer awareness, and image campaigns; develop media press kits and releases. Draft executive speeches, manage company public relations archives, and oversee execution of special events. Address complex, sensitive issues in collaboration with Marketing Director and senior management. Evaluate advertising and promotions to ensure campaign messaging aligns with strategic goals.
- Virtually eliminated consumer complaints by successfully partnering with marketing and executive-level teams to develop tightly focused campaign that mitigated concerns regarding fee increases.
- Streamlined department to achieve 23% boost in productivity while reducing resources by two staff members.
- Commended for expertly managing highly sensitive matters requiring compliance with strict federal regulations.
- Spearheaded sophisticated Twitter campaign for an international firm following a major security incident, effectively controlling crisis messaging to build public support and educate those affected.
Ertras Consulting LLC — Norfolk, Virginia
Public Relations Specialist (4/2007 to 8/2012)
Interfaced with client leadership to identify vision, set priorities, and balance competing PR needs; ensured campaigns remained focused and effective. Researched and developed materials to enhance public image / awareness and performed critical crisis management for key clients. Directed junior staff on key projects. Managed resources to reduce operational costs and ensure full compliance with project budgets.
- Significantly reshaped and improved consumer image of two clients in wake of damaging media coverage.
- Improved public awareness to increase traffic and sales on high-profile client accounts by developing and implementing strong campaigns.
- Championed creation of a Cloud-based media relations site to efficiently provide up-to-date information to media outlets.
Esseh Inc. — Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
Public Relations Coordinator (3/2004 to 4/2006)
Interacted with media, community members, and customers to maximize exposure and promote company mission. Established and maintained network of media relationships; wrote and distributed press releases and strategic marketing collateral as well as co-authored magazine articles. Participated in event planning; directed trade show and seminar presence, coordinating and managing speaker schedules. Created detailed management reports.
- Integral in recovering company image following publicized industrial accident; conceived and coordinated efforts to minimize loss of consumer confidence and maintain positive corporate image.
- Reduced campaign development time 15% by streamlining creative and administrative processes.
- Enhanced relationships with media to realize increased cooperation and better press coverage.
Additional experience as PR Intern with Regged IEH Corp. (2003), Charleston, South Carolina.
Education and Memberships
Johns Hopkins University — Baltimore, Maryland
Master of Arts, Communication / Public Relations (2003)
Virginia Commonwealth University — Richmond Virginia
Bachelor of Arts, Journalism (2001)
Public Relations Society of America (PRSA)
International Public Relations Association (IPRA)
Windows 8/7/Vista; Mac OS X; iOS; Android
Adobe Creative Suite; Microsoft Project, Microsoft Office 365 (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Outlook)