Medical assistant resume objective examples
Resume objectives are being viewed as outdated, but in some cases may still help with your medical assistant job search.
Does your medical assistant resume need a check-up? Maybe an objective is just what the doctor ordered. Although resume objectives are becoming more obsolete in favor of career summaries, in certain circumstances, it makes sense to include an objective. Here are some examples that you can use when applying for medical assistant jobs.
Get attention with a strong objective
The job market is getting more competitive in nearly every field. Hundreds of resumes are sent in to fill one position. Busy hiring managers have to skim through different resumes in a very small amount of time, narrowing the field to a more manageable number. With a clear objective on your medical assistant resume, you could give yourself a greater chance of gaining the attention of employers needing good medical assistants.
Examples of medical assistant resume objectives
- Organized, goal-oriented, team player seeking a position in an established medical office supporting physicians, nurses, and other medical staff to facilitate patient care.
- Enthusiastic medical assistant professional who's great with children looking for a position with pediatrician's office.
- Experienced medical assistant seeks position providing direct and indirect patient care in busy medical office.
- Competent team player with clerical and basic healthcare skills looking for position in a busy, growing medical facility.
- A long-time administrative professional with office management skills seeking medical assistant position with oncologist in New York.
- Goal-oriented, results driven medical assistant with experience in vital signs management and office administration searching for position with cardiology office.
- Looking for a position that uses clinical skills while offering the opportunity to increase clerical skills and provide different ways to help support the practice.
Personalize your resume objective
Don't be afraid to add a bit of the personal details in your objective. You can write an objective that says, "To obtain a position as a medical assistant," but that's already understood. Think about what you bring to a position that's important in a busy medical practice. Make that the starting point of your objective.
Here are a few examples of medical assistant resume objectives that show off some of the applicant's personality:
- A medical assistant capable of handling screaming children, frustrated parents, and a busy pediatric office with administrative and basic healthcare skills.
- Capable of handling multiple duties in smaller office or focusing on specific skills in a larger practice as a medical assistant. Supports physicians, nurses, and other medical professionals.
Things to consider when writing your resume objective
Keep these things in mind when you write the objective for the medical assistant position you want:
- Shorter is better. Many people will avoid reading the objective if it's too long, especially if they're still trying to narrow down the resumes they've received.
- Use words that describe your work style—patient and caring, goal-oriented.
- Personalize your objective to include the specific type of office or site the name of where you're applying when possible.
- Think about what may be needed most in that medical assistant position, and show how you can accomplish it, whether it's dealing with crying children or filing paperwork promptly.
Get your resume reviewed
In order to get the attention of hiring managers for medical assistant jobs, you want to make sure that your entire resume—not just the objective—is optimized. Could you use some, er, assistance? Get a free resume evaluation today from the experts at Monster's Resume Writing Service. You'll get detailed feedback in two business days, including a review of your resume's appearance and content, and a prediction of a recruiter's first impression. Let the experts at Monster help you fine-tune your resume so that you get an awesome, inspiring job.