Nursing cover letter sample
View this sample cover letter for a nurse, or download the nursing cover letter template in Word.
If you’re a nurse, you know the power of making a connection to others. Your cover letter should demonstrate your skills and experience, as well as your passion for nursing. To be considered for top nursing jobs, it helps to have a well-crafted cover letter. For writing tips, view this sample cover letter for a nurse, or download the nursing cover letter template in Word.
Nursing cover letter template
Lydia Newland, rn
Sometown, TX 55555 | (555) 555-5555 | firstname.lastname@example.org
July 27, 2017
Mr. Thomas Smith
Human Resources Manager
55 Palmetto Ave.
Sometown, TX 55555
Re: Pediatric Nurse (Ref. #555555) Advertised on Monster
Dear Mr. Smith:
With nearly 10 years of experience as a pediatric nurse at ABC Children’s Hospital, I offer the proven clinical skills, healthcare knowledge and record of patient-care excellence that you are seeking for your pediatric nurse opening.
In 2007, I completed a clinical rotation at XYZ Hospital under the supervision of Sally Right, RN. The program’s exceptional pediatric program and provision of life-enriching children’s activities stood out to me. I would like to be part of this caring team.
Please consider my credentials:
- BSN, RN and certifications in ACLS and PALS.
- Extensive experience caring for newborns, infants and children of all ages, with a history of top-rated performance in pediatrics, NICU and PICU practice areas.
- Proficiencies in various EMR and EHR patient records and charting systems.
- Outstanding communication skills with colleagues, patients and families.
- The ability to support and collaborate with members of interdisciplinary medical teams.
I share XYZ Hospital’s commitment to quality care and would welcome the chance for an interview. You can reach me at (555) 555-5555 or at email@example.com. I look forward to hearing from you.
Lydia Newland, RN