Sample cover letter for a mechanical engineer
If you’re looking for a job as a mechanical engineer, this sample cover letter will help you manufacture an introduction to prospective employers that will get results.
If you’re looking to stand out, an impressive cover letter will help you manufacture an introduction to prospective employers. View our sample cover letter for a mechanical engineer below.
Additionally, you can learn about engineering careers and search for mechanical engineer jobs on Monster.
Impress employers with a high-impact resume and cover letter from the experts at Monster's Resume Writing Service.
15 Elm Lane
Sometown, IN 55555
Home: (555) 555-5555
May 6, 2017
Mr. Andrew Smith
Director of Operations
15 Lafayette Way
Sometown, IN 55555
Re: Mechanical Engineer Position (Ref. Code: 12345), advertised on Monster.com
Dear Mr. Smith:
Your job description for a mechanical engineer perfectly matches my qualifications, and I am very interested in the opportunity.
I have enjoyed a progressively responsible engineering career with ABC Manufacturing Co., and participated in the engineering of three major car model changes. I am experienced in all phases of new vehicle model development and implementation, from conception to production stages. Most recently, I have:
- Contributed to major model changes for the 2008 Carname, 2007 Carname and 2006 Carname;
- Developed process plans and layouts for seven additional car models;
- Reduced ergonomic impact on production team members by designing new assist lift systems;
- Helped create estimation and calculation tool for project budgets, greatly improving negotiating power with installation contractors; and
- Built rapport with overseas colleagues, often traveling to Japan for production consultations.
In addition, I have served as lead engineer in establishing standards that have reduced costs, enhanced efficiency, improved production methods and simplified equipment and part needs.
Mr. Smith, I have received repeated commendations from ABC Manufacturing Co. for my work quality, revenue contributions and commitment to achieving company goals, and I know I would be a valuable asset to your North American Division. Please feel free to call me at 555-555-5555 or send an email to email@example.com to arrange a meeting. I look forward to speaking with you!
Robyn A. Matthews