Waitress cover letter
Is it time to dig into a new job? To be considered for top waitress jobs, your cover letter must demonstrate your skills and experience, as well as your passion for your work. For writing tips, view this sample cover letter for a waitress, or download the waitress cover letter template in Word.
Waitress cover letter template
Sometown, UT 55555 | (555) 555-5555 | email@example.com
February 5, 2018
Ms. Carol Klum
55 Vista Dr.
Sometown, UT 55555
Re: Waitress - Advertised on Monster
Dear Ms. Klum:
I read your ad on Monster for a waitress at DEF Restaurant with great interest. I am writing to apply for the position.
I offer 15 years of waitressing experience that ranges from working at a truck stop diner to a Michelin-starred steakhouse. I have served celebrities and the homeless, flambéed cherries jubilee tableside and poured endless cups of coffee as well as $500 bottles of sake.
Regardless of the cuisine or clientele, I make it my mission to serve guests with excellence, create a memorable dining experience and exceed the expectations of customers and employers.
After years of waitressing, I have developed skills in the finer points of food service that are important to master but seldom taught. Some of my strengths include:
- Carrying loaded-down serving trays with 8 or more entrées and drinks.
- Upselling wine, cocktails, appetizers, desserts and digestifs like nobody’s business. (I’m typically ranked #1 or #2 for average ticket sale amongst all wait staff.)
- Stalling tables when the kitchen is “in the weeds” or accelerating table turnover when guests are waiting to be seated – without making people feel neglected or rushed.
- Handling delicate or potentially embarrassing situations (e.g., declined credit cards, dress code violations, alcohol service cutoff, complaints about the food, inebriated or belligerent guests).
- Delivering customer greetings, farewells and invitations to return in 7 languages.
My employers have said I am a favorite amongst customers, kitchen crews and fellow servers due to my positive attitude and commitment to outstanding service delivery, and I am confident that I would be a valuable asset to your food service team.
Please call me at (555) 555-5555 to set up an interview. Thank you.