Vet tech cover letter
View this sample cover letter for a vet tech, or download the vet tech cover letter template in Word.
As a vet tech, you know the value of the ability to multitask—so should your cover letter. To be considered for top vet tech jobs, your cover letter must demonstrate your skills and experience, as well as your passion for working with animals. For writing tips, view this sample cover letter for a vet tech, or download the vet tech cover letter template in Word.
Jobs for vet techs are projected to grow by 20% (or 20,400 jobs) from 2016 through 2026, which is much faster than average, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS). You'll find the highest level of employment for this job in the following states: Texas, California, Florida, Pennsylvania, and New York; and in the following metropolitan areas: New York City, Chicago, Denver, Dallas, and Houston.
As a vet tech, you can expect to earn a median wage of $33,400 per year, or $16.06 per hour, according to the BLS.
Vet tech cover letter template
Sometown, NE 55555 | (555) 555-5555 | email@example.com
November 8, 2017
Ms. Loretta Tompkins
55 Maple Dr.
Sometown, NE 55555
Dear Ms. Tompkins:
I am very interested in the veterinary technician position posted on Monster.
Growing up on our family farm made me an animal lover from a young age. Our farm was home to many dogs and cats as well as rabbits, chickens, horses, goats and alpaca. I loved caring for all of these creatures, and the healthy respect I developed for animals made me “a natural” for a career in veterinary medicine and care.
Since graduating high school three years ago, I have worked as a full-time vet tech for XYZ Pet Hospital. In addition to assisting the practice’s four DVMs with exams, surgeries and various procedures, I also handle administrative work and daily interaction with patients and their owners.
I have honed my skills in a range of veterinary services, including:
- Assisting DVMs in the practice of veterinary medicine, including surgical assistance and in-hospital patient care (from injections and vaccinations to IV catheter placement, dental prophylaxis, blood work and test administration)
- Practicing safe pet restraint while assisting with exams and procedures
- Answering phones, greeting patients and obtaining animal medical histories
- Using practice management software to schedule services, update patient records, input charges and fill prescriptions
- Cleaning, sterilizing and maintaining exam rooms, equipment and surgical instruments
- Educating pet owners on wellness care, medication administration and dietary recommendations
I’ve earned consistent praise for my technical, interpersonal and communication skills; animal-handling strengths; and dedication to quality patient care. If my skills and love for pets and their people would be valuable to ABC Company, please call me at (555) 555-5555 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange an interview.
Thank you for your time.