IT cover letter
Is your job search experiencing some downtime? Reboot it! View this sample cover letter for IT, or download the IT cover letter template in Word.
As an IT specialist, you’re in high demand, so make sure you put your best foot forward in the job search process. Your cover letter should demonstrate your skills and experience, as well as your passion for your work. To be considered for top IT jobs, it helps to have a well-crafted cover letter. For writing tips, view this sample cover letter for IT, or download the IT cover letter template in Word.
IT cover letter template
Sometown, DE 55555 | (555) 555-5555 | email@example.com
July 27, 2017
Mr. Thomas Jones
15 Elm Street
Sometown, DE 55555
Re: IT Helpdesk Technician, Advertised on Monster
Dear Mr. Jones:
I am interested in joining your tier 1 helpdesk team. A longtime fan of ABC Corp’s commitment to customer service, I bring to the table a strong customer service mindset combined with technical skills honed throughout my 15 years of helpdesk experience.
Key strengths include:
- High-volume ticket management. In my current position as helpdesk support specialist for XYZ Co, I handle 1,725+ tickets per month, fully resolving and documenting issues for future reference.
- A track record of consistently meeting or exceeding performance targets correlated with call handling and customer satisfaction goals.
- Technical knowledge:
- Windows (all versions); Windows Server 2003, 2008 R2 and 2012; macOS; Unix
- Microsoft Active Directory Services
- LAN, WAN and WiFi network technology (DNS, DHCP, NTP, SNMP and Nagios)
- MS Office 365/Exchange
- Recognition for exceptional service delivery through “ACE Team Member” awards.
Mr. Jones, if you are seeking an experienced, tech-savvy and customer service-oriented helpdesk technician with the proven ability to establish excellent relationships with customers, employees, vendors and manufacturers, we should speak.
I look forward to learning more about this position and can be reached at (555) 555-5555 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you for your time.
See all sample cover letters on Monster.
How's that resume looking?
Now that you know how to get your cover letter into shape, it's time to focus on the other document you need in order to get a job: your resume. Unlike your cover letter, your resume is less conversational and more formulaic (in tech parlance, resumes have their own "language"). Not sure your resume is in strong enough shape? Get a free resume evaluation today from the experts at Monster's Resume Writing Service. You'll get detailed feedback in two business days, including a review of your resume's appearance and content, and a prediction of a recruiter's first impression. It's a quick and easy way to QA your job search.