Manager cover letter sample
Looking to score top management jobs? Use this guide to help you craft a top-notch cover letter.
A great manager needs a great cover letter. You need to convince recruiters that you've been successful at managing people or projects in the past, and that you'll bring the same gusto to their organization. Use the below sample to guide you as you write your cover letter.
Additionally, you can search for management jobs on Monster.
1704 Maple Ave. | Sometown, IN 47250 | (555) 555-5555 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Ms. Katy Smith
Director of Distribution Operations
2000 Industrial Ave.
Sometown, IN 47250
Re: Warehouse Manager (Job #: 5587), advertised on Monster
Dear Ms. Smith:
I was intrigued when I found your warehouse manager job posting, as I know I could positively contribute to your operation. Since earning my promotion to warehouse manager for XYZ Company’s 35,000-square-foot distribution center three years ago, I have received consistent commendations for achieving gains in productivity, safety and efficiency—accomplished during a time of significant budget cuts.
Your warehouse operation would benefit from my proven success in:
- Launching 5S and other lean-manufacturing programs to elevate the efficiency and effectiveness of the distribution center.
- Overseeing inventory management, stock controls, pick/pack operations, and order processing for high-volume shipping and receiving operations.
- Supervising and scheduling unionized workforces of up to 20 employees per shift within a 24x7 environment.
- Upgrading SAP warehouse management systems to improve inventory management and distribution accuracy.
- Developing and leading training programs to improve employee productivity, job satisfaction and workplace morale.
- Accelerating order fulfillment to achieve a 28% reduction in order-processing time, which helped retain and grow business from key accounts.
I recently learned that my employer plans to close the Indianapolis distribution center later this year. It offered me a warehouse manager position at its Minneapolis site, but family responsibilities prevent me from relocating at this time.
If you agree that my qualifications perfectly match your requirements, please call me at (555) 555-5555 to arrange an interview. Thank you for considering my credentials, and I look forward to learning more about this exciting opportunity.
Could you use more help getting noticed by hiring managers? Join Monster today. As a member, you can upload up to five versions of your cover letter and resume. Recruiters search Monster every day looking for fresh management talent to fill the top jobs. Make sure you're on their radar.