Forklift operator resume sample
View this sample resume for a forklift operator, or download the forklift operator resume template in Word.
Could your career use a lift? To be considered for top forklift operator jobs, resume expert Kim Isaacs says it helps to have a comprehensive resume. For resume writing tips, view this sample resume for a forklift operator that Isaacs created below, or download the forklift operator resume template in Word. And if you need more help, get a free resume evaluation today from the experts at Monster's Resume Writing Service.
Jobs for material moving machine operators are projected to grow by 6% (or 43,700 jobs) from 2016 through 2026, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS). You'll find the highest level of employment for this job in the following states: Texas, California, Georgia, Pennsylvania, and Ohio; and in the following metropolitan areas: Atlanta; Dallas; Houston; Riverside, CA; and New York City.
As a forklift operator, you can expect to earn a median wage of $34,830 per year, or $16.75 per hour, according to the BLS.
Additionally, you can search for forklift operator jobs on Monster.
Forklift operator resume template
Phone: (555) 555-5555 | Email: email@example.com | Sometown, AZ 55555
Certified Forklift Operator Offering…
Award-winning, safety-first forklift operator known for providing proactive loss-mitigation solutions and a “do-it-right-the-first-time” approach to all tasks. Knowledgeable in forklift preventive maintenance, inventory systems, OSHA regulations and workplace-safety best practices. Provide accurate, timely and secure loading, unloading, stocking and transporting of raw materials, finished goods and perishable items.
ABC COMPANY - Sometown, AZ l Forklift Operator, 4/14 to Present
Operate forklifts and other machinery within 500,000-sq.-ft. warehouse. Load and unload freight trucks and sort, label, wrap and store merchandise pallets.
- Won “Outstanding Employee Award” for attention to detail in reviewing bills of materials (BOMs) from incoming trucks. Identified a pattern of errors from a major supplier, leading to recovery of $128K in merchandise.
- Ranked #1 or #2 in load/unload efficiency out of 12 forklift operators while maintaining a perfect safety record. Managed an average of 20 pallets per hour, exceeding goal by 15%.
- Helped launch equipment-maintenance program for forklifts, pallet jacks, sideloaders and automatic guided vehicles (AGVs) that saved $100K+ in projected repair and replacement costs annually.
- Selected to serve on Warehouse Safety Taskforce. Played a lead role in designing and implementing improved safety training, signage and operating procedures that reduced employee injuries by 15% and virtually eliminated damaged merchandise incidents.
DEF COMPANY - Sometown, AZ l Forklift Operator, 2/12 to 3/14 | Warehouse Associate, 7/11 to 1/12
Completed training and certifications to earn promotion to forklift operator within 6 months of hire.
- Managed receiving, unloading and put-away of an average of 3.5 trucks per hour (exceeding goal by 10%) while ensuring the safety of shoppers and associates on the warehouse floor.
- Earned “Kudos Award” as member of forklift team achieving the highest productivity and safety ratings amongst 8 other warehouses regionwide.
- Reorganized warehouse cold storage for perishable goods, expanding footprint and adding new prioritization system that reduced waste by 12%.
Education & Certifications
Forklift Certification l OSHA 30-Hour Certificate l DOT Hazmat Ground Shipper Certification
Commercial Driver’s License (CDL): Class B with Hazmat Endorsement
GHI High School l High School Diploma