Forklift operator resume sample
View this sample resume for a forklift operator, or download the forklift operator resume template in Word.
Manufacturing jobs are hot right now, so if you're delaying on writing your forklift operator resume, we suggest you get a move on. Could your career use a lift? To be considered for top forklift operator jobs, resume expert Kim Isaacs says it helps to have a comprehensive resume. For resume writing tips, view this sample resume for a forklift operator that Isaacs created below, or download the forklift operator resume template in Word. And if you need more help, get a free resume evaluation today from the experts at Monster's Resume Writing Service.
Jobs for material moving machine operators are projected to grow by 2% (or 19,000 jobs) from 2019 through 2029, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS). You'll find level of employment for this job in the following states: Illinois, Maryland, Ohio, Indiana, and Alabama; and in the following areas: Lancaster, PA; Knoxville, TN; San Jose, CA; Albany, NY; and Bowling Green, KY.
As a forklift operator, you can expect to earn a median wage of $36,770 per year, or $17.68 per hour, according to the BLS. But the combination of a strong forklift operator resume and the increased demand for these workers means you could wind up earning more.
Additionally, you can search for forklift operator jobs on Monster.
Forklift operator resume template
Phone: (555) 555-5555 | Email: email@example.com | Sometown, AZ 55555
Certified Forklift Operator Offering…
Award-winning, safety-first forklift operator known for providing proactive loss-mitigation solutions and a “do-it-right-the-first-time” approach to all tasks. Knowledgeable in forklift preventive maintenance, inventory systems, OSHA regulations and workplace-safety best practices. Provide accurate, timely and secure loading, unloading, stocking and transporting of raw materials, finished goods and perishable items.
ABC COMPANY - Sometown, AZ l Forklift Operator, 4/14 to Present
Operate forklifts and other machinery within 500,000-sq.-ft. warehouse. Load and unload freight trucks and sort, label, wrap and store merchandise pallets.
- Won “Outstanding Employee Award” for attention to detail in reviewing bills of materials (BOMs) from incoming trucks. Identified a pattern of errors from a major supplier, leading to recovery of $128K in merchandise.
- Ranked #1 or #2 in load/unload efficiency out of 12 forklift operators while maintaining a perfect safety record. Managed an average of 20 pallets per hour, exceeding goal by 15%.
- Helped launch equipment-maintenance program for forklifts, pallet jacks, sideloaders and automatic guided vehicles (AGVs) that saved $100K+ in projected repair and replacement costs annually.
- Selected to serve on Warehouse Safety Taskforce. Played a lead role in designing and implementing improved safety training, signage and operating procedures that reduced employee injuries by 15% and virtually eliminated damaged merchandise incidents.
DEF COMPANY - Sometown, AZ l Forklift Operator, 2/12 to 3/14 | Warehouse Associate, 7/11 to 1/12
Completed training and certifications to earn promotion to forklift operator within 6 months of hire.
- Managed receiving, unloading and put-away of an average of 3.5 trucks per hour (exceeding goal by 10%) while ensuring the safety of shoppers and associates on the warehouse floor.
- Earned “Kudos Award” as member of forklift team achieving the highest productivity and safety ratings amongst 8 other warehouses regionwide.
- Reorganized warehouse cold storage for perishable goods, expanding footprint and adding new prioritization system that reduced waste by 12%.
Education & Certifications
Forklift Certification l OSHA 30-Hour Certificate l DOT Hazmat Ground Shipper Certification
Commercial Driver’s License (CDL): Class B with Hazmat Endorsement
GHI High School l High School Diploma
Find your next job on Monster
An impressive forklift operator resume can get you hired at some of the top logistics, manufacturing, and warehouse companies in the country. Ready to get started looking for a forklift operator job but unsure of the first steps? Join Monster for free today. As a member, you can upload up to five versions of your resume—each tailored to the types of warehouse jobs that interest you. Recruiters search Monster every day looking to fill top jobs with qualified candidates, just like you. Additionally, you can get job alerts sent directly to your inbox to cut down on time spent looking through ads.