Military resume sample
View this sample resume for a military worker, or download the military resume template in Word.
The right resume can really help your military credentials stand at attention, says resume expert Kim Isaacs. For resume writing tips, view this sample resume for a military professional that Isaacs created below, or download the military resume template in Word. And if you need more help, get a free resume evaluation today from the experts at Monster's Resume Writing Service.
Military resume template
Sometown, MO 5555 l (555) 555-5555 l email@example.com l LinkedIn URL
Seeking Position as a…
MILITARY POLICE (MP) OFFICER — U.S. ARMY NATIONAL GUARD
Army National Guard member with a high level of motivation to join the ARNG Military Police force once training is complete. Dedicated team member who is physically fit, mentally strong and level-headed under pressure. Eager to pursue a long-term career in law enforcement, with relevant experience that includes present work as a security guard for XYZ Company.
U.S. ARMY NATIONAL GUARD — Sometown, MO l Enlisted Private (PVT): MP Trainee, 2017 to Present
Progressed to Advanced Individual Training (AIT) for Military Police officers after completing 10-week Basic Training. Classroom and field instruction covers topics including:
“PVT Reid displayed all of the characteristics of a model soldier throughout his Basic Training…regarded as a leader by his peers and supervising officers… shows moral character and fast learning aptitudes…will make an excellent MP officer…” (2017 Review)
XYZ COMPANY — Sometown, MO l Security Guard, 2016 to Present
(Currently on temporary leave to complete U.S. Army National Guard Basic/MP Training)
Recruited as an unarmed security guard by high-rise condominium. Perform security patrols of building and parking garage to protect against theft, vandalism, vagrancy and other illegal activities.
- Performed regular foot patrols, escorted residents to and from their vehicles and used surveillance equipment to monitor for suspicious activity.
- Provided informational assistance and directional guidance to vendors/guests and served as a reassuring presence in safeguarding residents and their property.
- Responded swiftly and reacted calmly to reported incidents and disturbances, from noise annoyances and public intoxication to domestic violence, vehicle break-ins and suspected drug activity. Quickly gained control of and diffused escalating situations while awaiting arrival of police officers.
“Jordan is an impressive young man with excellent interpersonal skills and proven strengths in ensuring the safety and security of our facilities, tenants and guests…Reliable and highly professional…” (2016 Review)
ABC HIGH SCHOOL — Sometown, MO l High School Diploma
- Honors: Honor Roll; National Honor Society (GPA: 3.6)
- Activities: Student Government (VP); Football Team; Volunteer (ASPCA, Special Olympics, Miracle League)
- Certifications: First Aid and CPR, American Red Cross