Sample resume for an entry-level quality engineer
Check out our sample resume for an entry-level software quality engineer for ideas on how you can improve the quality of your own resume.
To be a successful candidate for a tech job, resume expert Kim Isaacs says it helps to have a comprehensive resume. Do you need to put your resume to the test? For ideas on how you can improve the quality of your own resume, check out the sample resume Isaacs created below for an entry-level software quality engineer. You can also download the entry-level quality engineer resume template in Word. And if you need more help, get a free resume evaluation from the experts at Monster's Resume Writing Service.
Jobs for software engineers are projected to grow by 24% (or 302,500 jobs) from 2016 through 2026, which is much faster than average, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS). You'll find the highest level of employment for this job (systems software) in the following states: California, Massachusetts, Texas, Virginia, and New York; and in the following metropolitan areas: San Jose, CA; Washington D.C.; Boston; New York City; and Los Angeles.
As a software engineer, you can expect to earn a median wage of $103,560 per year, or $49.79 per hour, according to the BLS.
Additionally, you can search for QA engineer jobs on Monster.
Entry-Level Quality Engineer Resume Sample
55 Spring Way
Sometown, MA 02124
email@example.com | LinkedIn URL
Entry-Level Software Quality Engineer
Highly motivated technology professional launching career as a software quality engineer. Bring to the table hands-on experience in the testing of software systems supporting VB.Net products and interfaces. Knowledge of standard industry QA methodologies and the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
Familiar with MS programming technologies including .Net Framework, C#, VB.Net, SQL Server, T-SQL, IIS and ASP. Dedicated to continuing professional development – recently earned Java SE 7 Programmer certification and completed an intensive VB.Net training program.
- Software Testing & Debugging
- Test Plans and Script Development
- Configuration & Troubleshooting
- User Training & Support
- Project Management
- Technical Writing (Manuals/System Specs)
ABC University – Sometown, MA
Bachelor of Science, Major in Computer Science, in progress
- Object-Oriented Programming, Object-Oriented Data Structures and Algorithms, Database Management Systems, Application Server Programming, Human Computer Interaction, Enterprise Software Architecture, Technical Communication, Information Systems Security
- Oracle Certified Professional, Java SE 7 Programmer (OCPJP), 2011
- Oracle Certified Associate, Java SE 7 Programmer (OCAJP), 2011
- ABC Technology Firm, VB.Net Desktop and Database training (10-day program), 2011
DEF Company – Sometown, MA
Software Quality Engineer, 6/2016 to Present
- Plan, develop and administer software test plans to detect and diagnose errors and bugs for the company’s VB.Net product line.
- Performed regression, integration, platform and performance testing to certify the stability and usability of software systems.
- Developed and executed test programs that helped improve accuracy of QA results.
- Provided comprehensive software release documentation and training to support staff after compiling QA test outcomes.
Previous Experience: Held several clerical positions at ABC College and provided assistance to students with disabilities to help finance education.